Sunday, July 10, 2016

indie Ville TV #107 Mark Allee and Operation Booty Move



Written by Alexis Chateau

                                                                        

California-native Mark Allee is a musician on a mission. Allee has played alongside some of the most memorable names in the music industry, and along the way, has formed his own unique approach to making a name for himself in the entertainment business. As a
drummer, he enjoys the thrill of performing, and the gratification from sustaining a living through his art.

For Allee, every new step he has taken in music has felt like a new high point in his life as he continues to grow as an artist – but perhaps none more so than the incredible musicians
he’s had the opportunity to work with.

Working with the Heavy Weights in Music
“Those three songs I played with Sammy Hagar was a high moment, because I’m a huge fan
of that part of Van Halen and Sammy himself; and the fact that I was able to play with him
on stage – same thing with Steven Wonder, John Mayer, John Legend – that was a high
point.”

But Allee’s involvement with big names didn’t stop there. With his new music project,
Operation Booty Move, Mark Allee plays music from some of the biggest and most popular
artists in the industry, like Katy Perry, Michael Jackson, and even Iggy Azalea.

“Throughout all my years in the industry, I’ve looked at all the bands I’ve been a part of and
said, ‘I need to have ownership.’ My ownership path that I’ve chosen is to create a project
based on the most common denominator of all music – to make people dance.”

To articulate its purpose, the DJ-band combo invented the tagline “Statistically proven to
keep the booty movin’.” But it’s more than just a tagline. Operation Booty Move plays tracks
from a list that DJs accumulate that is proven to work. “We’re all about giving people what
they want,” Allee says.

Allee’s Influences
Allee credits his love for music as a teenager, for pushing him in the direction of turning a
hobby into his career. As a youngster, he enjoyed listening to The Beatles, Pink Floyd, Led
Zeppelin, and Rush.

“Rush was the catalyst for me to pick up drumming,” he shares. “When Rush came into my
head, I was like, ‘I wanna be like this guy!’”

Hoping to engender the same desire in younger musicians, Allee works with after-school
projects to teach younger kids how to play keyboard, bass, drums, and guitar. “I turn them
into total badasses and teach them that they can accomplish anything,” he says of his work.

As a teacher and musician, Allee hopes to create a legacy that will long outlive him through
a new generation of musicians; and by providing a memorable experience for music-lovers
everywhere through Operation Booty move.

No comments:

Post a Comment