Saturday, February 14, 2015

Indie Ville TV #28 Heather Williams Owner of Life in Nash

Written by Lillian Rhine                                                   


My name is Heather
Williams and I currently have a blog/website/brand called “Life In Nash.” Three and half years ago when I moved here from Atlanta, I wanted to document my journey as I chase the dream of being a songwriter. I also wanted to share the crazy and cool things that were happening in my life and in my new city and hopefully inspire others to chase their dreams as well. I spend my time blogging about local events and going to all the new restaurants to tell the world what we Nashvillians already know: Nashville is off the chain! It’s growth is amazing and there are so many awesome things are to do, to experience, and, honestly, to eat. I also freelance and do marking/social media for small businesses in the city as well!

  • How many venues have you frequented locally? Probably one hundred. Nationally?  Hundreds more. I used to live in Los Angeles as well. 

  • Do you get asked by promoters to be at events? Not yet! 

  • What’s the hardest part about doing what you do? Now that Nashville is truly booming, it’s hard to be at all the cool events, shows, and/or new spots and keep up. However, I still try my best to talk about or blog about every event, an opening of a restaurant, a festival, or a show. Even if I am not there. I just truly LOVE being here right now as Music city rises to it highest peak! 

  • What are your aspirations? I have so many. I honestly just want to wake up everyday living my purpose; To love what I do and to inspire others.  Hopefully help to change lives and to grow with Nashville. I want to use “Life in Nash,” not only as a marketing site for the city, but I also want to give back to the community and partner with a company like “Project 615.” I would love to collaborate and market  branded shirts with them. I want to have a few songs cut by an artist. I want to write a book someday and tell my story of how I lived and overcame profound trials. How I moved here only on faith, from where I was in a very dark place, but by the grace of God, I‘m still here. And how I have always followed my heart no matter what and that everyone can live the life they want by living fearless and believing in themselves. Also, to maybe own a boutique store someday and have a family.

  • Have you ever considered partnering or opening your own venue? I would love that! My friend, who owns his own film company in Atlanta, was in town and we were walking downtown late one night. We looked up to see all these vacant spots on top of Tootsies and Roberts. We thought how cool it would be to open a venue up above those bars on Broadway.

  • What’s the best part about doing your job? I just love sharing the excitement of all the new things happening here. Meeting NEW people is great too! I love networking and learning people’s stories. I love sharing my experience here! I love to small talk. It sounds weird, but I could do it all day. 

Also, before I relocated to Nash, I worked for Kevin Rathbun, in Atlanta. He and his brother were “Iron Chef,” winners. He currently owns four restaurants there and he is obviously a talented chef and an amazing guy. Working with him, I turned into a foodie immediately. Therefore, I love trying new places and unique cuisines.

  • What your advice for those who want to do what you do? First of all, just believe in any idea that you have as well as yourself. Put it out there. Work on it and don’t let others steer you away from that idea or desire. If you believe, it will come about. Do research on everything. Google is great!! I google everything. Ha. Read books. Be smart and go with your gut. Talk to people who do what you want to do. Pick their brain and learn from their experience. If your heart is in it and it makes you happy, you will be successful.


https://www.facebook.com/lifeinnash?ref=hl

https://twitter.com/LifeinNash

http://lifeinnash.com/aboutme.html


No comments:

Post a Comment