Saturday, February 28, 2015

Indie Ville TV #29 Make Up Artist Nominee Samantha LA

Written by Patricia Faulkner                         


Samantha LA has always been talented, with drawing and cosmetology, with a keen eye for fashion. As a published model, certified fitness instructor, and award-winning makeup artist, she has been featured in numerous magazines and fashion shows, some of them being Black Pinup Magazine, Feroce, Paul Mitchell Hair Show, Matrix Hair Show, and Fashion Bug.
She now has her own printed zine, MyBelleza Inc. Magazine, launching its first issue on May 5th.

Q: Tell me one thing that keeps you strong and consistent as an independent force.
Samantha LA: Keeping in mind every aspect during freelance, scheduled work, when times get hard, no matter what-that you are working for the Lord. Try to keep God in your life. Everything I do brings me back to God.

Q: What is your idea of a look that is timeless?

Samantha LA: Anything that compliments pearls.
Pearls will never get old! Never.

Q: Do you have any beauty icons or female role models that have inspired your work?

Samantha LA: I have three. I hate to say it, but my first, I would say is Marilyn Monroe, for standing out with her curves.
My second would be Dorothy Dandrif. Lastly, Josephine Baker.

Q: What is your mission in your work as an independent female MUA in the modern world?

Samantha LA: My talent has enabled me to use the skills I have to complete God’s mission.
Religious art is powerful, and in my magazine I am open to all religions and ethnicities.

Q: What should a person eat for healthy skin?

Samantha LA: I would say fruit is good. Green leafy vegetables, and water.
Lots and lots and lots of water.

Q: Any awkward moments or obstacles when working with someone?

Samantha LA: (laughs) Contouring a big forehead, or highlighting a small chin to make it appear larger.

Q: What is your goal with the models you train and work with?
Samantha LA: My company welcomes all ethnicities, and they must be respectful young ladies in order to get them where they need to be in life, in this industry or not.
With how I train them, they’ll have these things for them later in each individual life anywhere they go.

Q: What are colors in your opinion that should never be worn in cosmetology?
Samantha LA: I think specifically on the eyes..yellow, orange, or pink should not be worn casually. That should never happen unless you are going by a bolder theme.
Q: Any specific color palette for 2015? New looks you’ll look forward to in the summer?

Samantha LA: I would like to see a lot more natural beauty in correspondence of bright colors, for example, a neutral face with bright pop lip color. Emphasis on the natural look, but not too much contour. Contouring is more appealing in the fall/winter season.

 If you would like to observe some of Samantha LA’s work, below are links provided to do so:
www.mybelleza-inc.com
www.facebook.com/mybellezainc
www.facebook.com/samanthalamuah

No comments:

Post a Comment