Saturday, April 2, 2016

Indie Ville TV #88 Scott Honaker’s Smooth Country Sound

Written by K.L. Graham
                                                                                 
Scott Honaker, a native of Mount Juliet TN is taking over radio waves with his album “Four on the Floor.” He also happens to be nominated for “Four on the Floor” for Best Indie Country EP.  

Scott says what he loves the most about country music is “…The connectivity between the artist and 
listener. The subject matter and music itself is relatable to the listener. It’s about every day experiences. That’s the biggest thing, just to be able to connect to the fans of the music.”

Honaker says he not only connects to the fans, but with music of the genre itself.  

 “I know every artist includes the music they grew up on their influences. A lot of country music has 
gone pop.  I like to think of mine as being a little more organic. It’s very pure. No computer based 
recording, it’s all old school. I like to keep it as natural as possible.”

Keeping it natural started when he was just a kid. “I began start singing when I was little, I started 
singing and writing at around 22 years old.  The songwriting part came in my twenties.”

Now, you can see Scott playing shows all around the Greater Nashville area some of his favorites being Tootsies and The George Jones museum. 

“I love playing at Tootsie’s just because of all the different people that you meet. They come from all 
around the world. And to get the vibe from Tootsies’s itself, it’s historic…The other place is the George Jones museum, it kinda goes with Tootsies,  you get to meet so many music fans from all around the world. It’s a personal thing. You can talk to them ‘How’s your day been?’ or ‘Where ya from.?’”

For Honaker, playing places where you can feel the history of the venue and the love for country music is very important.

As for his music, he says the fans do seem to have a favorite. “Most people have heard ‘Redneck GPS’ I’ve been lucky enough to have that one played on internet radio in different spots around the world.  That’s the one they want to hear and enjoy.”

Honaker says that the best of part of being an Indie artist is “Probably the best part is the freedom to 
write and record and sing exactly what I want. I don’t have a record company or anybody telling me you have to sound like this person or what is on the radio.  That’s the biggest thing; the freedom to be myself.”

Scott also says “I am very thankful for Indie ville for what they’re doing for the indie artists, it really 
means a lot and I’m probably speaking for everybody else too in other genres. It’s very much an honor and I’m very grateful and happy to be part of it.” Well, we thank him too and all of you.  

To hear Scott’s music just check out: https://www.reverbnation.com/scotthonaker and 

No comments:

Post a Comment