Sunday, March 27, 2016

Indie Ville TV #87 The Creator of Isabel S-k: Isabel Simpson-Kirsch

Written by Curtis Gardner
                                                                             
How did you begin your fashion design career? I've always wanted to be a designer since I was a kid. I've been drawing and sketching clothes and outfits since I can remember. I went to college for fashion design in NYC at Parsons School of Design. My senior year, I designed a collection that became wildly successful and upon graduation, I had a brand.

What do you look for when creating your designs? I try to create clothing that is stylish, comfortable and flattering. My customer is someone who's look demands attention and is a trend setter, but in a low key, unique way. I look for inspiration in everything! And often find it in music and researching various subcultures.

How do you go about presenting your designs to the fashion world? I create collections. I'm about to release my third this April. These collections release on various press sites, and my site as well.

Has your work been in any fashion shows or competitions? Yes! My first collection was in the Parsons Senior Thesis show presentation, my second collection debuted at Nashville Fashion Week, and my new collection will be a part of the inaugural Nashville event Fashion Art Mecca this April.

Whats the highest praise or recognition you have received thus far? I've had write ups on tons of acclaimed sites, like Complex, Vice, NY Times etc...which has been really exciting for me! Also, Katy Perry owns and has worn one of my dresses, which is pretty awesome!

How does it feel  to be nominated for an indieville tv award? I'm so thrilled and honored to be nominated! It's amazing to see designers here in Nashville get recognition! Big thanks to indieville tv.

 Have you worked with any of the other nominees? I haven't yet but I sincerely hope to in the future!

Where do you see your career going in the next 3-5 years? I plan on continuing to create and sell collections, growing my brand over time! I would like to expand ISABEL SK to a full lifestyle brand in the future and open a gallery shop.

How can the fashion world and beyond find you online and inquire more about your designs? www.isabelsk.com is my website! Find me on instagram @isabel.sk

What else would you like to share with the audience? Thanks for this opportunity!

Isabel Simpson-Kirsch
Head Designer/Creative Director: Isabel SK
615.337.8935

No comments:

Post a Comment