Sunday, March 15, 2015

Indie Ville TV #31 Model of the Year Nominee Alexis J

Written By Curtis Gardner
    

                                                                        



What first attracted you to modeling?
Alexis J: When I was younger people always told me I should model because I was so tall and naturally pretty. I didn't ever pay them any attention because I was a tomboy and always played sports, being glamorous wasn't an interest for me then.

How long have you been modeling?
Alexis J: I started when I was younger, around the age of five. I got out of it and didn't get back into it until I came to MTSU three years ago.

If any, who were your influences?
Alexis J: when I was younger I loved watching Americas Next Top Model. I look up to Tyra Banks and Naomi Campbell. I also follow Victoria Secret Models on my social networks.

Do you remember your first photo-shoot and/or fashion show? If so, tell us about that moment.
Alexis J: when I was four I did a photo shoot that was to my Hilfiger inspired. I remember my mom being there in the studio showing me how to pose. I enjoyed that. My first fashion show was when I first came to MTSU and I modeled with an organization named ‘savoir-faire’. I had about 4 scenes to walk in and I was extremely nervous. Once I got out there and walked in my first scene I realized it wasn't bad at all and the rest of the show was a breeze. My first photo shoot was in Nashville for a boutique and also hair Weave vendor. I had an amazing time meeting new people. The images came out to be amazing and at that time I knew I really wanted to model.

What’s been your proudest/favorite moment thus far?
Alexis J: that's a tough one. I would say the big collaboration I did with the boutique in Nashville. The pictures from that shoot came out amazing. It was a really great time. I met a lot of amazing people.

What's the easiest and hardest things about modeling?
Alexis J: the easiest I would say is being able to get to a shoot and be able to easily get into character.... ‘Get into model mode’... Once I'm in model mode the shoot goes great. The hardest thing is getting all the make up off. I was never a fan of make up until I got into modeling.

What role does music play when you are doing your shoots?
Alexis J: I use music to get ready and also to help me relax during my shoot..

Which do you prefer ripping the runway or being in magazine spreads?
Alexis J: probably print magazines.. I love doing runway and fashion shows but doing photo shoots helps me to see my progression as I advance in my modeling career.

How would you describe your style?
Alexis J: I am very versatile. I shoot everything from sports to high fashion to art to promotional. I played basketball, volleyball, and track, so fitness and sporty shoots are my favorites.

Outside of modeling, what are your other interests or hobbies? What other avenues are you wanting to explore?
Alexis J: I go to school full time at MTSU and I'm working two jobs. Once I graduate next
May I want to move to Florida or Texas. If I decide to return to school for the masters program I'll go to become a sports agent.

How supportive has your family been towards your modeling career?
Alexis J: my family backs me 100%. Mom always stresses the importance of school so I keep my grades up and as long as my grades are good she supports my modeling.

What advice would you give to those that aspire to be models?
Alexis J: if you are going to do it then give it all you got. To have stellar results and progress in the modeling field one has to be fully committed and prepared for long nights and early mornings. If it's what you love and are passionate about, it will be rewarding no matter how tired you are at the end of the week.

Are there goals you would like to reach for this 2015 year?
Alexis J: to be published in a magazine. I'm hoping to fly out to California and Miami this summer for projects that will lead to bigger things for my modeling career such as sponsors and major publications.

How can people stay tuned to you and your work?
Alexis J: follow me on Instagram and Facebook. #AlexisJ I'm recently getting back to Twitter as well. ___alexisj

Any last words or shout-outs to anyone?
Alexis J: to my family thanks for your support and willingness to always help out, I really appreciate it... To all of my friends and followers that repost, like, share, and comment my photos thank you for your support, it means a lot to me.. And thank u Mia for seeing a younger you in me, for believing in me and taking my modeling career to the next level. This is just the beginning. :) <3

1 comment: