Saturday, March 28, 2015

Indie Ville TV# 35 Male Model Mykul Jay Valentine

Written by Curtis Gardner    

What attracted you to modeling?
I think it was looking through magazines as a child/teen and seeing all the creative pictures and wanting to be in them. I saw them as "perfect" and I wanted to be that "perfect."
How long has this been a career path for you? 
Not that long actually! I kinda went through the "ugly duckling" phase until I was in my early twenties. Once I finished with puberty and my face thinned out, I started going to the gym and working on my general appearance. So, overall, I would say five years.
Do you remember your first photo-shoot and/or fashion show?
If so, tell us about that moment. My first photo-shoot I was..17. And it's funny cause I look back at the pictures and I see how round my face was and how young I looked. I had no business taking pictures! Lol. And, my first fashion show, I wasn't even walking! I played a lizard man!! I was "runway decoration!" Thank you gymnastics...lol.

What's the easiest and hardest thing about being a model?
The easiest thing...is showing up with your hair and makeup already done. Lol. The hardest thing is everything after that! From posing, to clothing changes, to makeup and hair changes, to picking out which picture you like best, to going to the gym and maintaining your physique. The constant rejection from clients and companies, even dealing with false stereotypes of being a model! There really isn't anything easy about it. It's hard work!
Which do you prefer runway or being in magazine ads/spreads?
I prefer magazine ads/spreads. I'm really too short to do runway and I hate being turned down. Lol. I don't settle for less. So, I do ads where I look really tall!
If you could work with any clothing designer for a promotional shoot who would it be and why?
Giorgio Armani! Because his models and photos are what inspired me to model! The ruggedly handsome look of the male models. And I can kinda pull off Italian...even though I'm Hispanic. Lol.
How does it feel to be nominated for Indie Ville TV Awards Male Model of the Year?
It's such an honor. I am very humbled by the experience! I'm not sure who nominated me, but I want to thank them for thinking that I have what it takes to be the Indie Ville TV Male Model of the Year!
Outside of modeling,what are your other interests or hobbies? What other avenues are you wanting to explore?
Outside of modeling I dance, travel the country, and perform various things in different venues. I actually am part of a company that does circus, dance, cabled flying, theater and stage combat! I am trained in aerial silks and dance and would love to be able to do something with that. Maybe a traveling show with my company! 
How can people stay tuned to you and your work?
They can always check my FaceBook page (FaceBook.com/MykulJV) or my Instagram (@MJValentine).
Any last words or shout-outs to anyone?
Shout out to my parents, grandmother, friends, fans, and boyfriend. You all believe in me, even when I don't, and push me to be better than I am. If it wasn't for you all, I would definitely not be doing what I'm doing. So, thank you all for your support and mostly, love.  And don't forget, "The hardest thing to do in this world, is to live in it."-Buffy

No comments:

Post a Comment