Wednesday, May 4, 2016

Indie Ville TV #91 Bob Welch The man behind the lenses

Written by Curtis

How were you introduced to photography?

I was introduced to photography at a very early age. When I was 6 years old, my father at the time was a professional photographer. Shooting for Vanderbilt University sports department and the Nashville Banner sports page. I at times would go to the Vanderbilt stadium with him on team shoots and stand by his side while he did his thing. The most important memory of that time was that my father had his own darkroom in the basement of the house. He developed and processed his own film and processed his own images. I got to help develop the prints by swashing the tubs with the developer wash, then dry and then view.

I wasn’t taught the technical parts of photography (shutter speeds, aperture and film speeds) until my teens; learning from him and photography classes in high school.

Do you have your own studio?

I do not have a commercial studio. I do have studio space available to me in the office building I manage and maintain in downtown Nashville.

What  brand cameras do you use for your shoots?

Proud Nikon digital shooter. Nikon 35mm film and Mamiya 120mm film.

What type and style of shoots do you provide for your clients?

I try and offer my talent several options of shoots. I do lean more towards a grittier darker style do to the genre of music I shoot. Anything the talent wants can be done, with time.

Is their a memorable PR more recent shoot you have done that was very fun and exciting?

I would honestly have to say that all my shoots are fun and exciting to me. Each one brings on new challenges and excitement.

What's the best locations in Nashville to take images?

Best locations, other than old buildings, barns or warehouses would be any location. Finding great locations for any photographers can be a daunting task.

How does it feel to be nominated for an award with us?

Bitter sweet for me. I have never been the person that likes the center spotlight or main focus to be directed to. I am and always have been a very shy person. But I am so honored that people like and appreciate what I do or have done and have decided to thank me for it.

When preparing for a shoot, what advice do you give your clients?

Well, I wish I could tell them not to be nervous and relax, but, the best advice I give (for my genre) is to have a few ideas of poses that they like, something we could recreate or build off of. Sometimes if not most, we come up with our own creation during that process.



How can one find you online to inquire about your work?
https://www.facebook.com/bobwelchphotography/

No comments:

Post a Comment