Saturday, March 12, 2016

Indie Ville TV #81 The Remarkable Jai Love

Written by Curtis Gardener 
                                                   

What attracted you to modeling?
My family and friends attracted me to modeling. Someone would always 
compliment me on how great of shape I'm in or would always ask what 
could they do to have a body like mine, I just figured why not put what God 
gave me to use. People doubted I could play basketball and model. I love 
to prove people wrong. 

How long has this been a career path for you?
I started to finally take modeling serious in November on 2015. 

If any,who were your influences?
The main person that influenced me was my friend Ariana Polk who runs 
track at Lincoln University PA. It was October 2013, when everyone use to 
think I was joking about modeling. Ariana was the only one that took me 
serious and pushed me to start. Once I started she made sure I didn't quit, 
no matter the circumstances and I appreciate her for that motivation 2 
almost 3 years ago. 

What has been your proudest/favorite moment thus far?
My proudest moment was my first photo shoot. I was so nervous and 
scared, that my mind was all over the place. After the shoot was over, I 
was so excited and proud of myself that I was thinking about texting my 
photographer that same night asking for my photos the next morning. 
That's how excited I was. Lol. Now I've learned that patience is the key to 
success.

What are both the easiest and hardest things about modeling?
Easiest thing about modeling is picking out the outfits. I love fashion and 
love to dress up my friends like they are Barbie Dolls. So that's the easy 
part. The hardest thing about modeling to me is making sure your doing 
the right poses, Making sure your facial expressions are okay, your head is 
tilt just right or your posture is perfect. 

How would you describe your style?
I will chose comfy over looking cute any-day, anytime, mainly because I 
am an athlete, but when I have to look cute I am a totally different Jai. I am 
a chill person. 

Over the past year, what was your signature moment to really have a 
stamp of approval for your modeling career?
I am still waiting on that moment. I've had nice moments but that big 
moment that everyone gets I am still waiting on. Hopefully that will be 
soon. I'm in the running for VIVA GLAM SUPERMODEL so hopefully that 
will be my big break!! 

How does it feel to be nominated for an indievillle tv award?
To be nominated for indie TV it feels great. It feels great to know that my 
work isn't going unnoticed. There are people out there that believe in me 
and believe that I can make it in the modeling world. Now that's an 
amazing feeling. 

Outside of modeling,what are your other interests or hobbies? What other 
avenues are you wanting to explore?
I am a college basketball player and I am studying business management. 
Someday I want to manage someone, whether it's sports, modeling etc. 

What advice would you give to those that aspire to be models?
Don't give up! Don't let someone tell you, your not pretty enough or you 
can't do two things at once. Stretch your goals out as FAR as you can and 
take the journey!! You are beautiful, but beauty starts within yourself. 
When you put your mind to something don't stop, yes your going to have 
moments where you want to give up, but I promise the reward at the end is 
so worth it.

How can people stay tuned to you and your work?
Social media is becoming the next cornerstone for everything. My 
Instagram, Twitter and Facebook will have everything on it. I am currently 
working on my website right now and eventually that will be done. I am 
hosting events and different functions so I'll be around. 

Twitter: @iamjailove
Instagram: @iamjailove

No comments:

Post a Comment