Sunday, March 27, 2016

Indie Ville TV #86 The Exquisite MUA Hayley Balck

Written by Curtis Gardner
                                                                                   
I became a makeup artist while finding out how I could pursue a way to become a special effects artist. I always had a love for hands on art. I always dreamed it was something out of my reach until I finally just took a chance on chasing my dreams. I attended the Academy of Makeup Arts last year in Nashville and found out that I not only could have my dream but I could create art and do something new and exciting each day.

Professionally I have studied under Emmy award winning Ben Rhittenhouse and Celebrity Photographer Sebastian Smith through AMUA. Since then I have worked with numerous local photographers and model. I have worked a Notable Nashville Fashion show in the past year. I just worked Fashion Week Alabama and their Avant Garde  Fashion Show. I got to meet America`s Next Top Model Cycle 19 Contestant Model Victoria Henley. I did makeup for the Mayor of Summerdale Alabama Daughter Natalie Wilson for a DIY Network Television appearance, which was a very cool experience. I do charity work for Heels for Combat Boot and also for The Fort Campbell Wives club. These organizations raise money for many different charities. Most recently I had work with model Teresa Gill and photographer Mike Flippen published in My Belleza INC Magazine. It was a 2 page spread and interview which was very exciting for us all. 

My business opportunities grow with the different places this career can take you. One day someone might want bridal and prom then the next day it takes you to television or a special effects creature. I can have the opportunity to create something beautiful, scary, dark, or artistic and to me that helps my business grow.

I am extremely excited about being nominated although I have no clue how it happened. I was in utter shock and googled it to see if it was real. Then of course I cried because I was just amazed by how cool of a blessing this was. It has made me push myself, business and artist wise and I am beyond thankful to have been 1 of 5 women nominated. I have worked with fellow nominee Drew Seeley. We attend class together at AMUA and worked a Noteable Nashville fashion show together. 

My dream would to be to work on American Horror Stories or Game of Thrones. I would love to do beauty makeup, wounds, gore, monsters, the more the merrier. That would be the dream job to me, getting to create that kind of art that so much of the world are fans of and sit at home and watch each week. Definitely something like that.


My website is www.hayleybalck.com , That is my online business site. My instagram is @hayleybalckmakeup and my facebook page is Hayley Balck Makeup Artist.

No comments:

Post a Comment