Friday, March 10, 2017

Indie Ville TV #121 Antonio Sharp Nominated for Best Actor

Written by   K.L.Graham


Antonio Sharp hails from Cleveland TN. "That's where I'm at now."

The Cleveland TN native is nominated for Best Actor.

Having starred as "Calvin" in "In God's Hands" (2014) along side Omar Gooding and Keke Wyatt.

On his time working on the film he says: "It was eye opening. Seeing people that you watched on tv as a kid is an honor."

"In God's Hands" is a religious film but Sharp says that he is "principle based." He lives by "do unto others" and "being one with yourself."

On being nominated for Best Actor he says: "I was surprised. Actually a couple of my friends are nominated also."

Mr. Sharp credits collaborators Spencer Glover, Mike White, and Jay Sweet as people he looks up to in the Nashville scene.

"Nashville, Chattanooga, Memphis is a great spot. We can be heard."

"I want in on every part of the scene" he says, chatting about branching out in comedy, writing, and music, along with his burgeoning acting career." 

As for influences, Sharp says "My parents of course, and Will and Marquita Thomas, Tim Ludie, Alvin Moore.  These people see me as a kid, I knew I wanted to do music but I wasn't sure....my grandmothers...These people are the reason why I'm doing what I'm doing. They showed me everything. They made it look like it was possible."

Sharp loves being an independent artist.

He says "You can be your own boss. You can do what you want and if that big break comes along you'll take it of course!"

Antonio says he's "big on staying educated, good vibes, and great people" as well as being committed to putting Nashville and fellow artists and collaborators on the map.

All I can say is, here at Indieville we are big on Antonio Sharp.

@iamantoniosharp

No comments:

Post a Comment