Saturday, March 4, 2017

Indie Ville TV #119 NATHAN KING – COUNTRY EP OF THE YEAR

Written by Lillian MacKenzie Rhine


How long have you been in the genre of Country music?

Realistically, I’ve only been in this genre for a year. My first concert was in August 2016, but I have come a long way in the short time doing so.

Is Country your only genre? Or your first genre of music? If not, what other genres have you participated in and what made you choose Country?

I actually used to tour with a Christian rock band named Ange Light. I met my friends and producers, Jake and Justin – formerly of We As Human, through Ange Light. I grew up in West Virginia and took influences from all genres so when the band decided to part ways, I had other songs I was working on and decided to roll with.

What is the most challenging thing about being a country artist?

It’s a whole new world from what I’m used to. Since I did rock for so long and I made most of my contacts and connections in that market, I more or less had to start from square one even though my approach has been the same.

If you could create music with any other singers/musicians, who would you choose and why?

I would love to do a track with Taylor Swift or Carrie Underwood. My faith is a huge part of my life and I think Carrie and myself could do a great faith-based country song.

What is your process or quirks when you create music?

I actually write everything in my head before I touch an instrument. Sometimes the lyrics come first or the musical melody. But it usually is played out mentally while I sing into my phone recorder for reminders. I then demo out the instruments – everything from guitar, bass, banjo, drums to piano. I play a multitude of instruments which helps the writing process dramatically.

What makes you tick?

Music is something I wanted to do since I was five and first picked up a guitar. This is my passion along with my Christian faith. It drives me to put my whole heart into it.

Tell us about your best performance?

I like to think that I put everything into every performance. It’s hard to pick just one.

Do you have any advice for upcoming artists?

Don’t give up. Don’t take shortcuts. Take advice from those who are out there doing what you want to do. Stay humble and genuine in everything.

Choose one of the following topics and give a “top five”:  food, cities, bands, movies, games

Movies – Pirates of the Caribbean (all of them), Butterfly Effect, Anonymous, Swimfan, Disturbia

Is being Nathan King the Country artist just a dream, a career, or a side gig?

It is a career. I’m not stopping until the dream is accomplished. Then I’ll hit it even harder. I’m blessed enough to have a great team working with me and keep me motivated  when things get frustrating.
Indie Ville TV want to thank you for chatting with us today and congratulations on your nomination for Country EP of the Year.

Website: www.nathankingmusic.net 
Instagram: www.instagram.com/nkingmusic
Facebook: www.facebook.com/Nathankingcountry 
Snapchat: Nkingcountry 
Twitter: nkingofficial

No comments:

Post a Comment