Monday, March 13, 2017

Indie Ville TV #123 Micah Dean – Nominated for Comedian of the Year

Written by Lillian Rhine

How long have you been a comedian?
It has been 4 years this month!

Was doing comedy something that always interested you?
Always, it was never a bucket list thing…it was a why haven’t you started doing this yet.

What is the most challenging thing about being a comedian?
Writing a good joke.

Who is your favorite comic and why?
Greg Giraldo. Intelligent, loud and the quickest guy in the room.

What is your process or quirks when you create comedy bits?
When I have a new joke I’m working on I go to this empty room in my house. I’ll post pictures of anyone whoever broke up with me or pictures of smurfs on the walls and then turn off the lights. I’ll do the new joke and shout and stuff and then turn on the light. If I can look at the photos and still feel horrible then I know I’m on to something.

What makes you tick?
Comics who take themselves too seriously.

Tell us about your best performance?
Haven’t had it yet. But one time in Kentucky a woman liked a joke so much she bought me a coke. That was pretty great.

Do you have any advice for upcoming comics?
Embrace the bomb. Bombing is a thing that happens no matter how long you have been doing it, don’t be afraid just embrace it when it happens, learn from it and repeat.

Choose one of the following topics and give a “top five”:  food, cities, bands, movies, games.
Top Five Bands:  Nerf Herder, Nirvana, Turbo Negro, The Bronx, Deftones.

Is being Micah Dean the comedian just a dream, a career, or a side gig?
A way of life!

We at IndieVille TV would like to thank you for letting us get to know Micah Dean and congratulations on the nomination.

Website:  http://micahdean.com/
Instagram:  deanspirit
Twitter:  micahdean


No comments:

Post a Comment