Monday, March 13, 2017

Indie Ville TV #122 Kamber Cain – Nominated for Indie Music Video

Written by Lillian Rhine



What was the inspiration for your nominated music video?

We all have had past relationships. We all have had that one ex that never completely goes away. We may run into him/her periodically or may run across something, like a color, a truck, a song, etc. that immediately triggers a memory and gives us a flashback of that person. I wanted to create a song that was relatable to everyone and that inspired the creation of the song “I Don’t Think Of You!” The song then blossomed into the nominated music video.

Was this your first music video experience?

No, this was actually my 3rd music video experience. Each experience has been so different but all so much fun. I would love if you would spare a few minutes out of your day and also watch my other two music videos.

Have you always wanted to do music?

Yes, Music has always been a passion of mine ever since my first stage debut at the young age of 3 years old. I absolutely fell in love with music and have chased my dream since. It not only allows me to share with the world my love of music, but I also get to travel to new places and meet new, awesome people along the way.

What is the most challenging thing about being an artist?

Being an independent artist definitely has it challenging moments. Establishing a large fan base and working endlessly to promote myself is tough. It is a very competitive field. There are so many talented artists in this world!

Who are some of your favorites in the industry now?

Carrie Underwood, Kelsea Ballerini, Martina McBride, Taylor Swift, LoCash, Chris Young and the list could go on and on.

 What is your process or quirks when you create music?

 I like to think about experiences I have had, experiences friends or family have had or just things I observe in the world around me and write about it. Then, I transform those ideas into songs. I like to make songs that are relatable to everyone whether it is 3 minutes of forgetting about the world around us, 3 minutes of reflecting back on memories, 3 minutes of a feel good song, etc. I feel like I am doing my job right then if a song can take you to a different place for just a little bit.

What is your biggest pet peeve?

People who bring others down. There is plenty of room in this world for everyone to excel and succeed. I wish everyone could support one another, build each other up and help each other in positive ways.

Tell us about your best performance.

 Every performance is special and unique to me. One that really stands out to me is “The Josie Awards” held at the Schermerhorn Symphony Center in Nashville, Tennessee in September 2016. I not only won the award for “Song of the Year” for “I Don’t Think Of You” but also got to perform in the Symphony Center for over 2,000 in attendance, including lots of talented indie musicians, fans, supporters, friends and family. It was truly a magical moment that I will never forget.

 Do you have any advice for upcoming artists?

           Never give up! If you truly love what you do, you can achieve anything! There will always be bumps in the road that will come about. If you fall down, pick yourself back up and try again. Rely on God and he will get you through anything. Believe in yourself. Surround yourself with others who believe in you and build you up! Ignore the mean people, negative people and haters. Be YOU and stay true to yourself and your dream! You can do it!

Choose one of the following topics and give a “top five”:  food, cities, bands, movies, games
           Food:
  1. Stuffed Peppers
  2. Spaghetti
  3. Cheesecake
  4. Buffalo Wings
  5. Chick-Fil-A Chicken Nuggets and Waffle Fries
  6.  Is being Kamber Cain the artist just a dream, a career, or a side gig?
           A dream and a career that I plan to never give up on.

We at IndieVille TV would like to thank you for letting us get to know Kamber Cain and congratulations on the  nomination.

Website:  www.kambercain.com
Instagram:  KamberCain
Snapchat:  Kamber12
Twitter:  KamberCain

No comments:

Post a Comment